Vol. 12, #18.0 – March 24th, 2020– ALLAN GOLD’S BLOG
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
By Allan Gold, lawyer, lecturer and author.
OPEN LETTER TO READERS:
Now that I’ve uploaded the last in the series on RRSP, I’m announcing the interruption in the usual blog programming. Starting now, I will be using this space to begin a new series covering Small Business and Elder Law Covid-19 Resources. It won’t be general information. You can get that elsewhere. Instead, building on my areas of practice, it will be a Special Help Guide addressing the real concerns and questions of two specific groups of people affected by the terribly difficult circumstances at present. This series will be two-fold as follows:
- Small Business Law: It’s for the family business owners in dealing with (and trying to survive) this catastrophic commercial upheaval.
- Elder Law: During this global health crisis, it’s for spouses, adult children and close family/friends, etc., who are looking out for the welfare of aged parents and/or elderly loved ones, be they to be in a senior/care facility or restrained from leaving their homes.
I hope to upload a new edition each week. In each of these future blogs, I plan to:
- Provide readers a selection of relevant headlines together with, where need be, short commentaries by me;
- Enumerate programs, governmental or otherwise, (targeting small independent business, caregivers, etc.), where possible delineating coverage, eligibility, means of applications, etc.
- Include (as they become available) applicable tel. numbers-sites of governments, institutions, community, etc. that readers might use as resources to obtain further help and/or information,
- Offer some suggestions as to how one can better navigate these very rough seas.
There is a huge need out there. We’re all in this together. I want to do my part. This is a first step. At present, I’m working on a project to do even more. I hope to make an announcement about this very soon. Of course, I’m interested in hearing from you. Let’s go!*
NOTICE – CAUTION –DISCLAIMER.
The material provided herein is of a general nature, strictly for informational purposes. The interpretation and analysis is not to be misapplied to a personal situation with a particular set of facts. Under no circumstances, are the herein suggestions and tips, intended to bring a reader to the point of acting or not acting, but instead, the hope is that they are to be a cause for pause and reflection. It is specifically declared that this content is not to be a replacement of, or a substitution for, legal or any other appropriate advice. To the contrary, for more information on these presents, related subjects or any other questions, it is the express recommendation of the author that everyone seek out and consult a qualified professional or competent adviser.
* ©/TM 2020, 2019, 2015-2018, Allan Gold, Practitioners’ Press Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
** ©/TM 2006, 2008, 2018 Allan Gold, Practitioners’ Press Inc. – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED